Parents only want what is best for their children; they would do anything to keep them safe, happy, and healthy. Back to school season is finally here, parents would want to come up with snacks that are good for their kids. These should be nutritious enough for the dental and overall health to keep them active throughout the day.
It is harder to monitor them since they now have access to different foods available in the school’s cafeteria. Preparing them snacks at home can help them practice proper diet to keep them healthy physically as well as orally.
Healthy Foods That Improve Dental Health
- Apples, celery, and carrots. Not only are these foods good for the body due to its vitamins, but its crunchiness also keeps the teeth clean by removing plaque from the enamel. One added benefit is it also promotes saliva production which acts as a natural cleanser for kids mouth.
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese. These are rich in calcium, vitamin D, and phosphate which keeps the teeth strong; raises the pH level, lowers acid level, as well as reduce the risk of tooth decay. Calcium also helps in repairing the enamel and strengthening the bones that support children’s teeth for a better foundation.
- Seeds and nuts (sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, and more). These products contain natural fats that coat the teeth to shield it against harmful substances. The oil in it also keeps the enamel strong and resistant to cavities.
- Sugarless gum. A lot of kids love to chew gum; thankfully, there is now an alternative that is much healthier for the teeth. Sugarless gum cleans inner areas of the mouth and also generates saliva for tooth decay prevention.
- Oranges. Compared to other citrus fruits, oranges are less acidic and also have high levels of vitamin C which helps the gums, boosts the immune system, and prevents inflammation.
- Dark chocolate. Cocoa, the primary ingredient for the sugary treat, contains antioxidants such as tannins, polyphenols, and flavonoids that are beneficial for children’s teeth as well as the mouth. It works by neutralizing the harmful substances to prevent its adverse effects.
At Vue Dental, we believe that building a positive dental foundation can work wonders for the overall wellness of our patients especially the children. With that in mind, we offer Pediatric services that include sealants, fluoride applications, fillings, crowns, or emergency dentistry to ensure an excellent oral condition that helps in their growth and development. While observing a healthy diet is useful, partnering it with proper hygiene, care, and regular dental appointments can ensure that children stay healthy and active at all times.
Your children also deserve outstanding dental care services. We provide Pediatric Dentistry in Kyle, TX. Book your appointment with us at Vue Dental and let us help them achieve beautiful and healthy teeth!